Packing for storage
A Smooth Move Removals have been removalists on the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and in Brisbane for many years now, we’ve moved many homes, families and businesses seamlessly.
One thing we are often asked is for tips on how to pack for storage. So, we’ve compiled a list of things that you can do to make the process a little smoother.
Make a list of your possessions that you are putting into storage and categorise them for packing. This will also give you an idea of the storage space you need.
Why pay more? Get several quotes for storage and choose one that works for you.
Take a look at the storage facility before signing anything, you want to ensure your goods are protected from the elements.
- Ensure no food is packed so you don’t invite any unwanted creatures into your unit.
- If you are storing a fridge or washing machine, make sure they are drained, washed out and dry.
- Any fabric should be protected from dust, moisture and pests. Talk to the removalists at A Smooth Move Removals and see what protective cover is best suited to your furniture.
- Remove any batteries from products to ensure they don’t leak and ruin your belongings.
- Drain all fuel and oil from your gardening equipment.
- Label every box so you can quickly and easily identify what is in each. If you can have an itemised list of everything in each box, all the better.
To maximise your space, we suggest you use a storage system with the same size boxes so boxes can be stacked neatly.
Furniture removal tips
Packing for storage can be quite stressful but talk to the removalists at A Smooth Move Removals and we will make your move a smooth one. For all your furniture removal needs on the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and in Brisbane call 07 5574 5945.